Degree title: Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences
* Minimum required major and supporting course work normally equates to 37-57 hours.
* General education: The LAS General Education requirements are set up so students automatically complete the Campus General Education requirements.
* Minimum hours required for graduation: 120 hours.
|10-30||One year of a single East Asian Language beyond the intermediate level
(i.e., beyond CHIN 204 or CHIN 242; JAPN 204; KOR 204 or KOR 241).1
|12||Disciplinary and period courses:2|
|EALC 120-East Asian Civilizations or EALC 135 Understanding EA Culture & Soc|
|One course on East Asia dealing substantially with the period before 1800|
|One course in East Asian history|
|One course in East Asian literature|
|Four non-language courses at the 300- or 400-level.|
|3||EALC 398-Colloquium in EALC or an approved senior project.3|
1. Students testing out of the advanced language requirement (306-level) must take two additional non-language courses from East-Asian-related offerings.
2. No course may be counted more than once toward these requirements and at least two courses must be at the 200-level or above.
3. Students selecting the senior project option must submit to the Director of Undergraduate Study a proposal outlining the project to be undertaken, the course in which the project is to be completed and an agreement signed by the faculty member supervising the project.
* Twelve hours of 300- or 400-level courses in the major must be taken on this campus.
* All foreign language requirements must be satisfied.
* A Major Plan of Study Form must be completed and submitted to the LAS Student Affairs Office before the end of the fifth semester (60-75 hours). Please see your adviser.